background

Monday, April 18, 2011

Girls Weekend!

Whew - April really has been and will continue to be a busy, crazy month with soccer, dance, final exams, and graduation prep. In the midst of the madness, I dashed off to the northeast for a girls weekend with one of my best friends. We hadn't seen each other in almost 5 years!!!

The most wonderful thing about a close friend is that no matter how long it has been since you saw each other, you pick up right where you left off. We had a blast in NYC for a couple of days window shopping, going to a spa, and enjoying the city. Then we drove to the beautiful Connecticut town where she and her family live. They live about a mile from the water in a green, daffodil laden area where there are lots of young families. I found myself thinking how neat it would be to live there! The trip was a nice respite. Now with a voice hoarse from chatting incessantly and a suitcase considerably heavier than when I arrived, I sit at Laguardia waiting to board my flight. I can't wait to get home to my family but am so thankful to have been able to come for a visit!

1 comment: