background

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Birthday Tea Party

My middle child turns 4 this week and wanted a very girlie "tea" for her birthday party, and girly it was!  Her older brother took one look at all the pink and flowers covering the downstairs and fled to the backyard (he was not opposed to eating the pink cupcakes though).   The party was fun to throw and also fun to plan.  Since it was a tea, but four year olds don't really like tea, I found a punch recipe that resembled iced tea.  My friend who decorates cakes made the cupcakes while I handled the rest of the food.  Everything was in the miniature: mini ham & cheese sandwiches, pigs in a blanket, frozen fruit cups, PB&J sandwiches & cream cheese & jelly sandwiches shaped like flowers, grapes, cheese & crackers.



For activities, the little girls decorated foam sun visors with flowers (I wanted to decorate straw hats, but the only ones I found were a bit more expensive than my budget would allow), and made fruit loop necklaces.   For tableware, I borrowed some crystal/glass tea cups and plates from church.  The girls were adorable and acted like grown ups with their fancy tea cups and plates.  They were extra careful with the breakable items and I'm happy to report that all borrowed items remained intact and will be returned on Wednesday. :)



It was a wonderful party and my girl was thankful enough afterwards to pose for a picture with her mom.  This was the first of 2 back-to-back birthday parties for us.  My oldest son turns 5 exactly a week after his sister turns 4 and we're having his "solar system" birthday bash next weekend. :)



1 comment: