background

Thursday, November 8, 2012

November? Already?

Is it November already?  Where did the last few months go?  Today for the first time in months I looked around and realized that I had a full 30 minutes free and decided to update my blog!

What have we been up to?  Where to begin???  School started with a bang in late August with my oldest in pre-first, my middle child in kindergarten, and my youngest in preschool.  In an interesting turn of events a couple of weeks ago, my oldest's teacher and principal approached me about moving my son to first grade.  After a smashingly successful trial run, he officially began his first grade adventure 2 weeks ago and is loving it!  Have I mentioned how much I love my kids' school?  If not, let me just say, I LOVE IT! ;)

In other big news, the tooth fairy started visiting our house!  I must say, she is reimbursing for teeth at a MUCH higher rate than she did when I was at that stage!  I suppose it must be inflation.  No matter what the reason, she must be quite well off these days.  ;)


October brought us our "summer" vacation!  We intended to visit Disneyland this past summer, but could not resist the great deal we got for an October trip.  So, we pushed our vacation back a few months and were rewarded by a Disneyland hotel upgrade to a huge suite and fewer crowds.  It was wonderful!  Below are a few pictures.








Adjusting to having multiple kids in multiple activities took some time this fall!  Our schedule is, Monday, swimming; Tuesdays, gymnastics & swimming; Wednesday, kickball, Thursday off - hooray; Friday, karate and sometimes swimming.  Whew!  We did take some breaks from a few activities.  Neither of my older 2 wanted to play soccer this season and my daughter decided to take a break from ballet since she is more interested in gymnastics, swimming, kickball, and karate.  

Halloween was a blast!  Mario, Luigi, and the cutest cow had a blast trick or treating and are still enjoying their loot.


Lastly, for my husband and I things are going swimmingly.  I am currently going up for promotion to associate professor (from assistant) and was burning the midnight oil getting my packet ready earlier this fall.  Praying that it goes well and that I receive good news in the spring.  Other than that, I am thrilled to be running on a healed, mostly pain-free hip and completed a 10K in October.  I continue to lift weights 3-4 times a week and still do muscle flex moves in front of the mirror for the pure enjoyment of seeing muscles that didn't used to be much of anything pop out (much to the amusement of my husband).

Recently, my husband made a career decision to go back to school to get an MBA.  He is currently in the process of applying to executive MBA programs and I am praying that he gets in and that the next couple of years go smoothly.  I am so proud of him!  Exciting times!  Hope you all are well!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment