background

Saturday, June 11, 2011

After 1 Week of Swim Practice

It has only been a week since my big kids started swimming on a pre swim team and I am absolutely amazed with their progress - especially with my oldest son!  He went from barely tolerating water on his face to doing water volcanoes and swimming with his whole head underwater.  Toward the end of the week he even took his first few strokes of freestyle!  Mommy is thrilled! 


His sister is enjoying it and making progress, but she's not taking to it as quickly as her brother just yet.  She is also a year younger so I'm not at all concerned.  She's one of the littlest on the team (and is so cute in her little suit and goggles).  

We are at the pool once or twice every day and loving it!  I get in with my youngest while the older 2 have practice.  Additionally, one of the coaches graciously volunteered to coach a small masters team twice a week so I'm getting some swim coaching as well - I haven't had that since I was 16!  I was told (very nicely of course) that my stroke has gotten a little sloppy over the years and I was given some drills to do to help.  Swimming fun for the whole family!  

After vacillating back and forth I have decided to do the Olympic tri in September. The swimming training got so much easier this week with the masters team at our pool, so I think it's do-able now!  My husband and I are headed out for a bike ride this morning.  Summer is so much fun!

1 comment: