background

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mommy & Big Kids Time

My husband had a business trip close to where the grandparents live so he took our youngest with him.  My baby doesn't turn 2 until September so we have a few more months to capitalize on him flying as a lap child instead of buying him a seat.

While I miss my youngest very much, I have had a WONDERFUL time with my older two kids.  We ran errands on Sunday after church, Monday we had fun day of swimming followed by a matinee movie.  Yesterday my daughter stayed home from swimming and school b/c she had a low grade fever, but she perked up enough by the end of the day for us to attend family night at Chick Fil A.  Here they are with their fake beards and blue & blingy fingers.



Not only do my husband and youngest fly home today but my parents also arrive!  We will have a fun few days with them and then it will be time to get ready for our trip to Hawaii!

As an update on activities, my oldest is progressing right along with his swimming.  Yesterday, they worked on backstroke and he is doing a great job!  My Olympic triathlon is back on and I have found a few sprint ones to do in July and August to prepare for it.  On Saturday my husband and I rode 27 miles and I'm running between 6-7 on my weekly long runs and will start working that mileage up in July.  I'm swimming once a week with the masters team at our club.  I absolutely love the tri sport - I just feel so overall strong and healthy when I'm training for them because the 3 sports really compliment each other well.

With this race, I'm working on figuring out training nutrition and specifically focusing one what types of calories I consume during exercise and in what form.  What I have been doing so far, and it has worked okay is to eat something small and dense about 30 mins prior to exercising (I usually eat a handful of almonds), and then consuming a power gel or chomp every hour thereafter.  I noticed during my last half marathon that I tuckered out toward the end and I think a lot of that was due to poor nutrition during the race.  I want to prevent that from happening again.

Since I'm eating like a horse with all this training I'm quite the connoisseur of summer treats.  If anyone wants a delicious summer treat, I highly recommend the Chick Fil A banana pudding milkshake!  It's wonderful!  On Friday after swimming with the kids at the pool I picked up Chick Fil A for dinner and decided to try that flavor - I meant to share it with my husband but had drunk it all up before he could even have a sip.  SO YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment